Kenosha County has a significant need for more foster families! Help Kenosha Foster Care / Community Impact Programs find more families and support our existing ones!
There are many ways that you can influence the lives of foster parents and children in Kenosha County. We’ve highlighted a few below:
- Impact a child’s life: become a foster parent
Kenosha County is seeking new foster families. There has been an increase in the number of children in care in Kenosha County every year since 2014, and more homes are needed to help these children and their families!
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2016 was 132.
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2017 rose to 153.
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2018 rose to 164.
- In 2019, this number rose again to 200 children in foster care on any given day.
- Between 2016 and 2018, there was a 38% decrease in the number of newly licensed homes. More homes are needed!
- There is an urgent need for families that can care for siblings and school age youth.
- There is also a large need for respite, emergency, and short-term homes.
- Fostering can be flexible; you can choose what type of fostering works best for you and your family. Foster homes play a crucial role in helping families and children in Kenosha County!
- Become a community partner
Community relationships are essential to supporting, finding, and retaining foster families.
- Does your agency have a service that foster youth might enjoy? Consider donating a coupon, discount, or free pass to children in care.
- Does your agency have the capacity to do a large amount of printing, product production, or advertisement? Partner with the Kenosha Foster Care recruitment team! They attend many community events and can always use assistance with obtaining handouts, brochures, small promotional items, and t-shirts! Or help Kenosha Foster Care advertise within your agency or department!
- Presenting for 15 minutes in your workplace or place of worship can help to answer questions about fostering and help grow the cause.
- Sponsor a Foster Care Awareness Week within your organization. You could host a silent auction, have employees donate items that a foster families would appreciate, or donate a basket to be given away at the Foster Parent Appreciation Banquet in May.
- Donate Financially
Kenosha Foster Care is always seeking gift certificates for major retailers and local restaurants. Such certificates may be used in situations where there is an emergency placement of a child, for a foster parent appreciation banquet, or as a part of various recruitment efforts.
If you have been thinking about fostering or getting more involved in supporting foster parents and children in our community, this is a great time to take the next step. You can start today by sending Kenosha Foster Care a message with your name, address, phone number, and interest. The licensing process can be started virtually, and it is a great time to be able to work on the paperwork and home arrangements that are needed for the licensing process! They will mail you out an information packet and application to get started.
(262) 654-1004 x137
Website | Facebook