Your CBD Store is celebrating their Grand Opening today, July 9th! Stop in the store today for discounts and samples. Your CBD Store is America’s premier CBD ONLY store. They carry award-winning CBD oil, water soluble, skin care, topical creams, edibles, pet products, and beauty products. Their products are derived from 100% organic non GMO industrial hemp. All displayed in a bright, beautiful, comfortable, spa-like showroom.
Your CBD Store
7435 117th Avenue (building just south of Woodman’s off Highway 50)
Kenosha, WI 53142
The new Culver’s located at 11811 29th Street in Kenosha donated $250 to the Chamber to help our Members with the extra cost of COVID-19 related cleaning products and personal protective equipment. They were set to have their Grand Opening when the pandemic came to town. Chamber Members are welcome to submit their receipts and invoices for COVID-19 related cleaning products and personal protective equipment by emailing them or mailing to KACC, 600 52nd Street, Suite 130, Kenosha, WI, 53140. The Chamber will reimburse up to $25.00 per Member business in good standing, while funds last.
Next time you’re on Hwy 142 in Kenosha, stop in and thank Culver’s and check out their flavor of the day! At Culver’s you will experience fresh, delicious food served with a great big side of friendly smiles and warm hospitality. Their mouth-watering menu features their famous Butter Burgers plus over 45 palate-pleasing items for you to sink your teeth into including crisp, garden-fresh salads, savory sandwiches and scrumptious home-style dinners. Top it all off with their incomparable fresh, frozen custard and irresistible desserts.
11811 29th Street
Kenosha, WI 53144
The Leadership Kenosha class of 2020 will be graduating on July 7, 2020 at 6:00 pm in a drive-by graduation commencement at the Kenosha Chamber of Commerce building parking lot at 600 52nd Street. The participants went through the leadership program to learn more about how the municipalities and employers interact and how their involvement could build upon the continued success and growth of Kenosha County.
If you are interested in becoming an emerging leader or strengthening your current involvement in the community, please visit the Leadership Kenosha website or contact the Kenosha Chamber of Commerce for further details to learn more about yourself, your community and other rising leaders.
Kenosha County has a significant need for more foster families! Help Kenosha Foster Care / Community Impact Programs find more families and support our existing ones!
There are many ways that you can influence the lives of foster parents and children in Kenosha County. We’ve highlighted a few below:
- Impact a child’s life: become a foster parent
Kenosha County is seeking new foster families. There has been an increase in the number of children in care in Kenosha County every year since 2014, and more homes are needed to help these children and their families!
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2016 was 132.
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2017 rose to 153.
- The average number of children in foster care on any given day in 2018 rose to 164.
- In 2019, this number rose again to 200 children in foster care on any given day.
- Between 2016 and 2018, there was a 38% decrease in the number of newly licensed homes. More homes are needed!
- There is an urgent need for families that can care for siblings and school age youth.
- There is also a large need for respite, emergency, and short-term homes.
- Fostering can be flexible; you can choose what type of fostering works best for you and your family. Foster homes play a crucial role in helping families and children in Kenosha County!
- Become a community partner
Community relationships are essential to supporting, finding, and retaining foster families.
- Does your agency have a service that foster youth might enjoy? Consider donating a coupon, discount, or free pass to children in care.
- Does your agency have the capacity to do a large amount of printing, product production, or advertisement? Partner with the Kenosha Foster Care recruitment team! They attend many community events and can always use assistance with obtaining handouts, brochures, small promotional items, and t-shirts! Or help Kenosha Foster Care advertise within your agency or department!
- Presenting for 15 minutes in your workplace or place of worship can help to answer questions about fostering and help grow the cause.
- Sponsor a Foster Care Awareness Week within your organization. You could host a silent auction, have employees donate items that a foster families would appreciate, or donate a basket to be given away at the Foster Parent Appreciation Banquet in May.
- Donate Financially
Kenosha Foster Care is always seeking gift certificates for major retailers and local restaurants. Such certificates may be used in situations where there is an emergency placement of a child, for a foster parent appreciation banquet, or as a part of various recruitment efforts.
If you have been thinking about fostering or getting more involved in supporting foster parents and children in our community, this is a great time to take the next step. You can start today by sending Kenosha Foster Care a message with your name, address, phone number, and interest. The licensing process can be started virtually, and it is a great time to be able to work on the paperwork and home arrangements that are needed for the licensing process! They will mail you out an information packet and application to get started.
Kenosha Foster Care / Community Impact Programs
(262) 654-1004 x137
Cancer Treatment Centers of America announced a new relationship with UnitedHealthcare, which will provide members battling cancer and enrolled in most employer-sponsored health plans additional options for in-network treatment as well as access to the comprehensive services and personalized patient experience that Cancer Treatment Centers of America provide.
Kenosha News covered this more in-depth in their June 7th issue.
Cancer Treatment Centers of America
2520 Elisha Avenue
Zion, IL 60099