Kenosha County Historical Society, Inc.
Kenosha County Historical Society has four exhibit galleries, a gift shop, staff offices, and an Archival facility. The Southport Light Station is composed of the 1866 historic lighthouse and the adjacent 1867 historic Lighthouse Keeper's home. The first floor of the Lighthouse Keeper's home has been restored to a 1908 time period and is used as the Maritime Museum. The Kenosha History Center collects and preserves artifacts, records and information vital to the understanding the history of the County's social, cultural, ethnic, and industrial heritage since its settlement. The Center uses these materials, acting alone or in collaboration with other citizens and organizations, to disseminate knowledge of our collective local history through its museum, historic sites, research and outreach and publication programs for the benefit of the community and its visitors.