The Chamber is very excited to announce that one of our newest members to join the Chamber is the Tall Ship Red Witch. Red Witch is the sole remaining commercial wooden vessel in Southern Lake Michigan (south of Milwaukee and South Haven, MI). It can accommodate up to 49 guests for private sailing excursions on Lake Michigan.
Red Witch was designed by John G. Alden— one of the two great naval architects of the era. She was designed in 1922 but wasn’t built until 1986 when the current Executive Director, Dr. Raymond Ashley, found Alden’s plan and built the vessel in Bayou La Batre, Alabama. Dr. Ashley then sailed the vessel through the Panama Canal, up the western coast of Central America and Mexico to San Diego. She served San Diego for five years. Dr. Ashley then sailed Red Witch to Maui, Hawaii. They then returned to San Diego. Next she returned to the Panama Canal in route to Ohio where she served as the Official Tall Ship of the State of Ohio for the state’s bicentennial. She then sailed to Chicago. Captain Andrew Sadock has owned and piloted her for five years. During this time, Red Witch has carried 18,000 passengers.
Tall Ship Red Witch details:
- Red Witch accommodates up to 49 guests.
- Catered or BYOB/BYOF events are welcome.
- Red Witch was voted Chicago’s “Best Tour and Charter Boat” in 2009 (1st), 2010 (1st) and 2012 (3rd overall) by prestigious illinoismeetings+events.com.
- Red Witch’s clientele includes Oracle, Google, Forbes, KPMG, Ernst & Young, Baker McKenzie, Deloitte, The Private Bank, Thomson Reuters (News Agency), University of Chicago, Northwestern University, The Weather Channel, and Spotify.
- They specialize in events for large and small corporations, family events including weddings and pre/post-wedding parties, teambuilding events, and virtually any type of get-together.
- Prices start at $20 per person.
Tall Ship Red Witch is offering a Chamber “Member to Member” discount of 10%. For additional information, visit redwitch.com.